Bead and Chats, LOL....

The Stitch N Bitch is such a great concept with knitters that I have been wanting to start a beady gathering for sometime now. In Phoenix AZ they have these wonderful gatherings of knitters all the time in cafes, bookstores, bars(smokeless) and coffee shops. Here is a wonderful knitting blog that showcases these http://phoenixknitter.blogspot.com/
Can you imagine walking in a local joint in Elk County, with beads in tow, for a session of chatting and beading, lol... We would be the talk of the town!
Check out her site and view these women toting in bags of projects and materials to their local eateries. I love it!

Comments

Mary-Frances said…
So, where is Elk County? Stitch and Bitch groups are pretty big here in Denver...I've thought of starting a more general stitching/beading group here, but almost everyone has kids...I see kids in the pictures tho...maybe it could work? Let me know how your group formation goes...maybe I'll follow suit!
Debra said…
Wow... I'd love a bead and bitch group! Where is Elk Co?

Just read in today's papers that the AmTrak communter train between Oakland and Sacramento Ca. will have official "stitch and bitch" cars 3 times a week! Now I can't imagine beading on a train, but beading at a coffee shop could be a ton a fun!!
Anonymous said…
Hi Stephanie - Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Our group of knitters is very dynamic and fun - we are constantly meeting all over the place to knit and chat and hang out.

To answer Shareysday's question, many of the people in our group have kids. Depending upon the age they either bring them (as in my case) or leave them home with dad. We had our first "Knitting With Babies and Toddlers" last month that was a huge success.

There is another group here that does beading and meets in a coffee shop, but I'm not talented enough for that!

Nice meeting you!

Brooke
Hello All!
sharkeysday:
I am in Pennsylvania, the northwestern part in a very small town called Johnsonburg. We have perhaps at most 6,000 people in our very small community. No town anymore which, we were at one time called little Chicago and had everything from an opera house to a grand hotel. The town has died with the every expanded paper mill.
debra:
A bead and bitch group would be fantastic! I cannot imagine beading on the train, but, I know people that do. I have a friend that bead embroiders on her exercise bike, lol...
Brooke:
I am glad that you stopped in and I really enjoyed looking through to learn about you and your knitting group. Goodstuff woman!