Birthday Celebrations for Lou and the Rose

The girls finally gave me their menu choices last evening.
My Rose wants breakfast for supper:
-tons of our organic bacon, hashbrowns, eggs and toast. Then the cake is Devils Food and fudgey peanut butter frosting, my silly girl.
-Lou has decided on Cap'n Crunch Chicken, mac and cheese and loads of steamed broccoli w/cheesecake and blueberry topping. Oh my and lets not forget chia tea for the drink.

My girls are so fun to cook for, they always surprise me with their choices.

Here is the chicken recipe I use:
Planet Hollywood's Cap'N Crunch Chicken
originally from topsecretrecipes

4 servings ~I double or triple, by the by, lol...

2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
1 1/2 cups corn flakes
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 lbs chicken breasts (cut in 1 oz. tenders)

------------------------------------------------------------
Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside. Beat the egg with milk and set aside. Stir together flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper.
Set this aside also.
Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour.
Move around to coat well, then shake off excess flour.
Dip into egg wash, coating well.
Dip in cereal mixture, coating well.

(I don't fry the chicken, I bake it off and it is delicious)

Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 degrees.
Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3-5 min. depending on size.
Drain and serve immediately.

I use www.recipezaar.com a lot and this is where I found it. I am mossnbeads on there.

Comments