Wonderful Class

I truly enjoyed my time with the ladies last night and teaching them some new stitches. One was totally inexperienced and the others had some cross stitch background to draw from. The hardest stitch to get comfortable with were the buttonhole variations for them and now they feel like they can handle anything that is thrown at them bead embroidery wise. The next class I will have them apply what they learned to their beaded brooches. I sent them home to sketch out a shape and now that they have a better understanding about this type of art, they went home ready to collect personal items to apply. One woman had plans to build a piece for a dear friend and the other perhaps wants to design a postage stamp style pin.
I am planning out a mermaid style brooch to work along side the group on Thursday. Here is the pic:

Comments