Search and Finding

Posted by Picasa


You can see a peek of this quirky fabric in the samples below, I just thought it needed a complete spread of its own.
If you have ever looked into my profile you read how the calico rich quilts of my Grandmother have inspired my creations, well, these are from some of her immense collection of 'quilting scraps'. As a child whenever she would let me finger through her boxes and bags of these treasures it would fill me with such joy. I am going to use these fabrics to line my newest bead embroidered 'pocket tote' I think I will call them. Someplace to snug in your debit card, license, bills/change perhaps. I will make some with straps and others with wrist loops, while a few will stay just as they are.

Comments

jenclair said…
How wonderful that you appreciate your grandmother's stash of fabrics...so many would not. It does appear, however, that the creativity gene is still at work: you have come from a background that values craftsmanship and beauty.

Enjoyed the visit!
Maggie Ann said…
Great material. Reminds me of Charles Wysocki paintings. Happy you!
Thank you Jen for coming by and the compliments! funstuff....
Thanks Maggie Ann! Just something about it..