Creating a nest

We all need someplace to rest our heads but, also a place to escape to... mine at the moment is our bedroom.  To be able to hide in a cozy space while my studio and home is in such disarray is a blessing in so many ways.
I have been organizing the house to make room for all that is coming from the closing of the gallery including our bedrooms, closets, attic, laundry room...just all of it, lol..  My craziest mess at the moment is a 4th bedroom that was my oldest daughter's room and also the spare where our beautiful granddaughter, her dd,  sleeps when visiting. 
The other two are going through their spaces too and tossing it all in there for Mom to get to.  I am not looking forward to all the books, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, etc. especially the stacks of books to sort through.  I am just not going to do it, especially anytime soon...NOT going to for I need to be in working mode enough of this cleaning shit time to have some metal fun!!!!
bed with rose of sharon quilt
 My Grandmother's Rose of Sharon quilt along with framed watercolors at the headboard on the wall including one done from a flower box by a local artist from the gardens at our home.  I at one point owned and operated a local home based Herbary where herb & art shows where scheduled in June with artists and herb related businesses displayed. 
cat from the right of room
The closet solution with antique and vintage suitcases holding sweaters, primitive cabinet storing linens and wicker table piled with quilts and afghans I have found very effective.  The cat agrees ;)

bedroom left side
Opposite corner with my Grandmother's first doll, Susie.

left side with dds feet
xoxo
safety pins in copper etsy banner

Comments