Thoughts on the New Year

Illinois highway 39 by Stephanie Distler
Illinois highway 39, a photo by Stephanie Distler on Flickr.
As we were heading home from my daughter's a couple days back my thoughts were on goals. What goals should I state to keep and strive to keep as the months fly by and they do fly.
Let's start in the studio with techniques or skills to build on or a skill that I have not yet sunk my teeth into and then a little on home, moving then to social networking.

studio:
  • work more 3 dimensional in building pieces up and out using cold connections and soldering.
  • save money to build a 12'x18' addition off of the working studio.  This addition should have room for displays, classes, openhouses, working on very large projects and a reading area with the furniture from my old Gallery.  I am so excited that I could spin!!!  I have started a design board on Pinterest to compose these plans.  This board will get huge as the weeks go by, so check back often.
  • fusing pure silver wire and precious metal clay....perhaps also glass fusing
  • more wire basket weaving
  • bezel work
  • quality tool investing with Fretz hammers, Foredom Flex Shaft, Foredom grinder/lathe, rolling mill and large mandrels. 
home:
  • first and foremost...learn to make SUSHI!!!!!! I love it so much and will go broke.
  • organize the upstairs including restructuring the sewing/shipping room
  • sort through vintage and retro stash for online shop
online:
  • start listing on Atomic Garden Vintage (etsy shoppe) filling it with mid century modern . vintage . retro and reclaimed/upcycled.  The reclaimed part will be salvaged boards made into serving and cutting boards adding to your cooking/serving experience that will grow as the need grows. 
  • list the bulk of every hammered out piece in each line of jewelry I create +++++

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.