wow it has been a year

A year has gone by since the closing of my gallery.  A lot has happened the last year good and bad, spreading my energies all over the place, sometimes just making me spin.  I miss the space but, do not miss the issues that having such a business in a small town entails.  Artists are not meant to have retail spaces especially retail spaces in the confines of a 'small town' ;)  

I am throwing out images from the gallery just as a little tour through the 6 years of gallery life I have not seen in some time.  Above is my first artist back in 2006 with Linda Pontzer.

Pat Eckstrom show 2007 displayed around the corner where the jewelry case eventually lived.
this jewelry case is now at Allegheny Outfitters in Warren, Pa.  where it will stay for a time.  I have another from the late 50s early 60s that needs restored that is really funky and fun with it's bump out front and metal trim.  It came with long red plush material at the bottom ;)  As soon as I get the line of PA Wilds focused pendants finished along with some other pieces specifically for this demographic it will be filled with my jewelry.
One of the highlights of being there was in 2010 during Johnsonburg's bicentennial celebration where the entire town joined in 'together' for one big event.  I put on a Market Street Artshow in the building, where I was housed, with lots of artists and historical displays.
the group
in the gymnasium

I do miss the displaying for it is so much easier being aware of what you have or need to get busy making if you can see everything in one place.
a corner that eventually then held the antique horsehair couch and carved chairs before it closed
from said couch :)
Now I can be warm and cozy in MY space doing MY thing which I absolutely love, love.  This is said in the brightest light of thought for I did enjoy my time there in town but, to be honest after a year of not, I do not miss it but, I do miss the people such as my regular clients that would just pop in and of course, Christine and Jesse.  It took me away from where I needed to be for one, with my family and for another from who I needed to be in the journey of 'me'.  
On to the next great big beautiful adventure...........................
enjoy,
xoxo

Comments