Gratitude Sunday- Pennsylvania Gardening and Staying Inspired

 I am grateful for all of the photos I have taken throughout this life.  Those images have the power to transport, lift up and inspire my soul throughout the seasons.  Here is a collection from the Spring and Summer of 2021 when we were putting in some new gardens.  

Last April my father and I took a road trip, on a wet rainy morning, to a sawmill around Leeper, PA. to pick up rough cut Hemlock for some raised beds.

 Stacked in the yard waiting to be something. Here you can still see the the 80 year old Lilac Bush, against the back fence, before my husband removed it.  

Seed starting began around mid-April which included Calendula, varieties of Basil, Zinnias, Lavender, Sunflowers and Cosmos. 

Herb building the L-shaped raised box and leveling it out.

Ripping out the poor defenseless Lilac.  Thanks to my husband and the perfect shovel for the job, the Root Slayer.


This bed took the Lilac's place.  Sunflowers, Tomatoes, Basil, Calendula, Chile Peppers and a couple Lavender seedlings thrived all Summer into Fall.  




Egyptian Walking Onions around the sundial were transplanted to their new location. 

Winding herb garden off of the brick patio is new.

Black Seeded Simpson leaf lettuce was also enjoyed by a sweet ground hog.  

July's back corner garden, located after the potting shed, and that year's Garlic harvest.

Loose garden sketch

September's gardens

This year's seed starting will not include seeds that can be directly sown such as Zinnias and Cosmos.  Herb and I always go on a hunt for fun and funky HOT peppers but, are never totally happy with what is out there locally.  They will be on my list as well as bush beans and a different cucumber variety. 

I feel reenergized and can't wait to get in the dirt!   












Comments