Throwback Thursday- Instagram Post August 25, 2018 and Transplanting

 

Look at those gnarly roots on that Pregnant Onion and  ZZ Plant :)  August is such a wild and wooly month normally, even more so back in 2018  for that was when Tameryn started college. Here my crazy took a break and got my hands in the dirt for some transplanting.  

Promix, a soilless mix, is what I have used for years along with antique pots, terracotta, handmade local or white glazed pottery to pot the plants in.  August is the month for preparing these green lovelies to live inside for the fall, winter and spring seasons until night time temperatures stay 55 degrees or above.  I was also ramping up my plant obsession in 2018 for with my youngest going off to college I was focusing on tending to houseplants as a daily ritual.  I topped 165 plants, in that collection, for 2018. Plants have always been a part of my life since, probably, 1975 starting with Baby Tears, a snake plant from my grandmother and an air plant.  

What do you have in your plant collection?  Do you have a certain group of plants that you focus on or whatever strikes your fancy?



Creating  kokedamas December, 2018.  The key components are sheet moss, twine, soilless mix and plants.  Here is a small Monstera Deliciosa and a small Crassula 'gollum' kokedama formed into these beautiful orbs of planty goodness.  The Monstera has been transplanted into a large terracotta pot and the wee succulent is still thriving currently.  My middle daughter, Thea, also LOVES plants and is now the plant mom for this guy.  

enjoy, take care-

www.stephaniedistler.com

Comments