Flashback Friday, Throwing in a Flatlay Friday too!


The very last Zinnia's before a great big ugly frost


Zinnia's done in watercolor and gouache, November 2021

I love painting Zinnia's or any flowers as far as that goes. The above was done in a Moleskine landscape watercolor pad with mostly Daniel Smith watercolors.  I surprised myself and finished this during one of my daughter's Stitcher's Tuesday night meet-ups.  I did not have a fiber project that week so, decided to do a quick sketch and watercolor.


Jerusalem Artichokes, wild Asters and Zinnias in a vintage mcm milk glass vase


 

playing around with a combination of Neocolor 1 pastels and Prismacolor pencils in a grey toned Stillman & Birn journal, the Nova Series




I am totally in love with the Caran D'ache, Swiss made, Neocolor 1.  So much so that I  purchased a tin of 30 with 15 additional colors.  These water resistant pastels are so rich and creamy that they are a joy to work with.  I LOVE layering them and blending to achieve a more realistic piece.  


Putting in an annual border of these happy flower faces from seed, added so much to the entrance of my studio this summer.  

I have been trying to draw, sketch or paint everyday or even once a week, I have not been successful, lol.  I will, at some point, get into that groove because all techniques cycle back in as others leave to only visit again in the future. 



enjoy, take care-


Comments