Grateful Sunday- very thankful for tools

What tools did you use today, this week or even month that you are thankful for?  Let me start by naming the tools I have used in the past week :)

  • rivet setter
  • bench anvil
  • rawhide hammer
  • hydraulic press
  • coping saw
  • brass mallet
  • tripod
  • sharpening strop
  • fountain pen
  • needle and thread
  • ruler
  • scissors
  • chef's knife
  • pocket knife
  • mortar and pestle
Just to name a couple of handfuls used during the last week, lol.  The development of tools has played a pivotal role in the evolution of humans. Tools have allowed us to adapt to our environment, survive in harsh conditions, and develop new technologies. Today, tools are used for a wide range of tasks, from everyday household chores to complex scientific experiments. The history of tools is a story of human ingenuity and creativity.

I most definably love all tools and cannot help myself  but, pick up more at estate sales, second hand stores and antique shops. There is such beauty in how the maker designed each tool for its specific use in such an aesthetically pleasing way. 

a small collection of hammers, that my father restored. I love his handles  <3 

bench equipment, handmade brass mandrel, small vise with copper plates, scale, mandrel to display at shows and vibratory tumbler

My dad teaching, Mason, how usable a shaving horse is, was and continues to be, for woodworkers.

leathercrafting and metalsmithing tools coming together

journaling tools

visible mending tools

dry felting tools

hammers, anvil and stake for metal forming

My Dad, in his summer studio, making another shaving horse.  One of these useful tools in his winter studio and the other two in the barn where he works upstairs and down, all summer.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow morning when I walk into my studio, filled with tools, unfinished projects and materials waiting to be something?   


enjoy, take care-

Stephanie






Comments