Felted forms

I have this wonderful wool felt that I found locally from a woman. I first met her and her partner at a yearly herb festival in Cook Forest where they had this really cool set-up of finished items, fibers, felts and materials. Even though it was a miserable rainy day, the kind of rain that soaks you to the bone, my daughter and I had a great time buying felt and fiber. We conversed with the two of them for quite sometime about their now passion of wool. I say their now passion, for her shoppe in Punxy is just loaded with all her past loves, 2 kilns, macrame, potters wheel and quilt stuff to just name a few. Punxsutawney is the home of the famous groundhog www.punxsutawneyphil.com if you remember the movie with Bill Murray you may have seen a shirt she designed that he then wore in it. So, I have a fantastic stash of felted wool used for my ArtDolls and some of the brooches.
Today I am sewing up tiny mermaids, fairies, goddesses and larger mermaids to be stuffed with poly and a medieval spice/resin blend/lavender/roses/chamomile. This combination allows for an attack on all the senses, such an exotic yet earthy mix sewn into a locally made felted form. I love using the form as a palette for freeform bead embroidery to paint upon.

Comments