- all about the nasal, have to smell everything
- texture too, cannot keep my fingers off stuff
- love tea but, lately coffee
- still not a purest, cream and sugar please
- too many collections going on at any given moment
- trying to become more austere in my decorating
- my Sony Cybershot DSC-H1 is my new obsession
- fresh herbs rule
- always cry in Gladiator
- in Titanic
- in The Secret Garden, blah, blah, blah...
- my girls come first
- hate but, love winter
- wish a lived in a warmer climate all year long
- my upstairs is very, very messy
- and it drives me insane
- morning person
- still have not had that retro party but, keep suggesting it time and time again, complete with fondue
- too, too many fondue pots...10 now I think
- just discovering the beauty of the me at 39
- I read reference books over fiction
- love images, which entails being on the computer too much
- I find my husbands balding head very attractive
- too many stacks of books, everywhere
- always thinking about the next project
Friday, September 30, 2005
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Blue Girl and Ironstone rest on my livingroom mantel just staring and sitting. I love this oil painting that my Great Uncle did, many years ago. I inherited this piece along with many sketches, from his sister, my Grandmother.
She also was very much the artist.
Come visit at http://www.flickr.com/groups/homevignettesthursday/
DD has been on a felting binge with pillows and embelllishing. I love her new work!
Larissa is making these felted accent pillows now. They are the real deal, everything about them is handcrafted felt from her hands.
So color rich!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Yesterday I heard confirmation that the large package was received safe and sound. I was so afraid something would happen to damage the work, or it would get lost, or the weather...etc. etc.
I packed it up extra special with not only her purchased pieces but, loads of extras for her wonderful self.
I am so sorry for getting in the trash.....again........ Mom
He is such an attentive loving Border Collie in that he is not destructive or nippy. But, every now and then he just starts to tweak about needing to get in the garbage. We have him on a diet, for he is a bit of a Kielbasa, food is his drug of choice and I forgot to tie the bag...
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Sunday, September 25, 2005
I found this on http://dreamingspirals.blogspot.com/ a wonderful quilt artist
|Your Hidden Talent|
The show yesterday was in Cook Forest State Park at the Forest Nook Restaurant and shoppe. Here is a pic of the shoppe where we were next to. Such a gorgeous day in Pennsylvania! Larissa, Pat and I again together for this one. Friends of mine from town are involved with this restaurant venture. They asked it I would be interested in being the featured artist for the day, in their first of many fall shows to come. A local radio station came to broadcast the event. They have some fantastic ideas on how to better the area's artisan scene.
Friday, September 23, 2005
Hopefully it does not get caught up in all this crazy weather. .....
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Home Vignettes' Thursday contribution. Bottles, sunrise/sunset scarf, beads and Pat aRt combined http://www.flickr.com/groups/homevignettesthursday/
I love Flickr and started another group called Realizations in Pennsylvania http://www.flickr.com/groups/realizationsofpennsylvania/
So many good photo ops in the area. Photo walks with some Pa. locals would be great eventually. I have eldest dd hooked!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
'Eye of the Father'
This is me of course... Just shocked at the reality of genes and age