Florida Heading

drybrushlou (Small)

We are heading to Florida tomorrow to take eldest daughter for her school adventure! I am very excited for her but, just so sad in her being extremely far away. My goodness she has been my constant companion and confidant for 19 years. She started setting up at shows with me when she was all but 7 making potholders and beaded animals. Such an adorable little love and very business oriented at this young age, too sweet..... We are having a huge going away party for her today with anyone who has touched her life; teachers, friends, family, SSEP students, neighbors, etc. etc. etc. It will be a hoot to see how I will shuffle everyone in the two average sized rooms downstairs of my home. The weather just could not hold out with 65, it is a freezing 30 now here in Pa. brrrrrrrrrrrrrr........... So, utilizing my screen porch is not an option, ;).
An RV will be taking the 7 of us tomorrow with dh and db taking turns at the wheel.
The next few days will be the weaning away, which is why I am thankful for the driving time allotted for this task of *weaning the Mom away from the child*

Comments

Unknown said…
You have raised her to be able to take off on her own; now is her time to fly. Easier to say than to actually do. It's one of those inevitable and very bittersweet life passages. Good luck to your daughter and a safe trip to all of you!