Custom work

Brown Agate lentils are spaced with vintage seeds, Czech, Serpentine and a fabulous faceted topaz colored Depression glass vintage button used for a toggle.

A year or more back I purchased some vintage and antique buttons from a good friend who bought out a woman who prior had bought out an old mercantile. The buy was filled with buttons from Germany, the Depression, retro colorful geometric shapes and Mother of Pearl fish, ducks, hearts, sequins, etc. If you ever looked at the artdoll I did and sold to a collector in Pittsburgh you saw the abalone shell fish scales and Mother of Pearl sequins of her tale.

I am working on a dry felted small mermaid at the moment with these elements embellished in. I am very pleased with the life she is taking on ;) Perhaps I will get a pic up with her red felted hair and lovely swirls....

Comments