Getting ready for Gallery Sneak Peek on Saturday the 16th

We have painted, scrubbed, taken out *stuff*, to make room, and brought in displays for the last 2 weeks in preparation for a showing this Saturday. The space is looking just beautiful! I have Kennedy Signs coming in today to letter the windows and my partner and I will be working tonight on a sign board for outside along with other details to prepare the space. Tomorrow ECCOTA Executive Director Andi Willis is bringing a sampling from the Ridgway Gallery to get a presence in Johnsonburg. She also came by Monday for a tour of the building by our building manager Christine Bressler. Chris has been there for 20 years and is such a wealth of history. On Monday Chris also brought out some pictures that I had not seen of the building through the years of events and such. Too much fun I am having with the space and learning all about this once thriving town.
A book was written some time back about our history that I have to purchase yet from the Elk County Historical Society with all sorts of information. A very talented artist from here had done the sketches and I will eventually have her in the gallery when I do a round up of artists from town.

Comments