more on studio with photos

IMG_0298

My studio is really coming along now here you see the 'stump', workbench and bead board cupboard which holds tons of tools like dapping sets, disc cutter, hammers and other necessities needed in the space.
IMG_0300
The greenhouse window adds a sense of space plus more shelving which is where all of my letter and symbol stamps are living at the moment.

IMG_0288

I was going to use the blue bench for a temporary jewelers bench but, it just was not happening for me. The bench is probably going to be where my torch will live for now though until I start living in the space to see what works and doesn't. I chose a work table I found at a house sale last summer. The table is the perfect height with even a pre-drilled hole on the left corner to screw down a small brass anvil my Father gave me years back. It will do until my dh makes a true bench fitting in that area including the large crescent cut-out for the bench pin, apron type drawer for filings and another drawer for all of my immediate tools like pliers, files, etc.
The primitive shelves on top of the blue bench are going on the walls here as soon as dh can get to it..what is that asahcgti....lol :)
Kiln on the zinc garden table.

IMG_0303

Work space for now. I still have more tools to bring home today from the gallery in town. It is so very nice to have everything gathered in one workable space which will make it tons easier putting together all the new works in my brain.
Under the table sets a crate with old mags my Grandmother save forever from 1965 for needcrafts. One of them is setting on the table, I am loving the graphics, ideas and color combinations. It is amazing how popular art or crafts of any given generation cycle back up to the present with continuing to do so. I will take more photos of these too cool publications as I go through them in the next few weeks.
I also have a huge box of candlemaking things including tons of molds to trade or sell that were my Grandmother's if anyone is interested, just let me know :)

So what do you think? I am loving having more room than I did behind the display case at my gallery and do realize when I want to invest in grinders/polishers, rolling mills and whatever very large equipment I need in the next stage of my journey is going to be a tight squeeze..but, I will work out a solution. The stool needs upholstered which will drive me crazy until it happens ;)



Comments