I have bagged MY web


I am an artist on and also committee member for an Artisan Trail called Art on the EDGE.  We also host meet-ups to benefit all involved with the arts in our County and include some art friends in the surrounding counties.  This past session was called 'Show Stoppers and Marketing Basics'  This session focused on tackling art show and festival applications including a database of local shows, what jurors look for from an applicant, as well as setting up a vendor booth that will wow potential buyers.


Topics  also included the basics of marketing artwork successfully using web-based social media, website builders, and other marketing strategies. In addition, Ta Brant from the PA Wilds Artisan Initiative will present a talk on the initiative and how it can benefit regional artists.

Social media is the topic I discussed showing my list of networking sites.  In the Bag the Web site I have only listed the more substantial in my list of many sites I have used throughout the last 10 years.   It was great giving this talk for it made me  really look at my ever growing mass of social sites and break it down to the best or most geared towards my needs to grow as an art business.

The guest speakers included:
Bobbi Mennetti Shaffer on show basics
Marilyn Blackmore director of Art in the Wilds  what shows are looking for
ME Stephanie Distler 'social media'
Ta Brant Pennsylvania Wilds Artisan Initiative
Abbi Peters on setting up a drag and drop website

Comments

Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will probably be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing!!!