Brussels sprouts w/apples&bacon

Brussel Sprouts w/apples and bacon
2 pounds cleaned sprouts(deleaf, destem ends and cut in half for ease in cooking)
a good toss in olive oil, salt and pepper
about 6 strips of bacon cut up
2 cooking apples peeled and diced
---
I toss sprouts in olive oil and then top with apples and bacon.
Place in an aluminum foil covered dish for about 1-1/2 hours
goodstuff....
325 degree
The roasting adds an entire other dimension to them of mellow sweetness

I really, really love brussel sprouts roasted!!!!
I am definitely making these for Thanksgiving this year for it has been forever and a day since the last time they were on my table.

Comments

Mellisa said…
Oh my, my husband would love if I made these (I'm not a bacon fan but he'd love them so much I think I'll have to just do a batch for him)!
They are super good :) I put a spritz of Pam on the baking dish also to keep everything from sticking.
Let me know how he likes them ;)