Open Shelving in My Kitchen

kitchen 2 1 29 13 by Stephanie Distler
kitchen 2 1 29 13, a photo by Stephanie Distler on Flickr.
This is my 'kitchen' selection for a photo a day challenge on facebook I am taking part in.
Cooking is another love of mine, I don't know maybe since there are tools involved helps the affection along. I do love combining ingredients and have taught my daughters to go with instinct which includes nasal. The scents marrying over heat is always a good indication if the next herb or spice will work in the pot.

Tools I use often includes a Microplane for ginger and garlic, mortar and pestle for crushing seeds, nutmeg grater, garlic press, fab sharp knives and graters of different sizes.

I enjoy making california style sushi along with Tabbouleh using quinoa which you see here in bulk yummmmmm. Essential oils are still very much apart of my day to day with lavender, peppermint, lemon, rosemary, fennel, bay and rose geranium being my faves.

Comments