my birthday

my birthday by Stephanie Distler
my birthday, a photo by Stephanie Distler on Flickr.
Today I turned 47 my dh was being very patient with my occasional outbursts. He made a wonderful supper of roast beef and veggies along with Pistachio crumb cake slathered in cooked vanilla frosting.
This cake was my Grandfather Stump's favorite birthday cake recipes. When 14 I started copying family recipes down in book form mostly from the two Grandmothers. This makes me happy to have a small collection from these two strong, sometimes head strong women :)
my birthday
prep 
my birthday
getting ready for the oven with lots of  olive oil, garlic, rosemary, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, sea salt and cracked black pepper
my birthday
on the table
my birthday
well used recipe for Pistachio Cake from Gramma Stump's sister originally

my birthday
yumm
my birthday
while we were eating a good friend dropped off some gifties, she is sooo good at getting the perfect  'stuffs'
my birthday
~us~
my birthday
youngest dd checking out the posies :) :)


enjoy, xoxo

Comments