drawing, doodling sketching as a tool to create

daily photography challenge entry:

2/9/13  'hobby' - I love to sketch and doodle with all sorts of pens, pencils and markers. I become obsessed with tools of all sorts but, what amazes me the most is that they all fit like one great big creative puzzle fusing through out my life making sense of it all.
This above photo is part of a daily photography challenge I am involved with that I also find very useful as a tool to keep designing and making jewelry.
IMG_3738\
This past summer I went through the exercises in the book The Creative Call

by Janice Elsheimer. I loved this book for it filled a void in me at that time with my brother passing. I could not get out of my head into where I needed to be which was in my studio for healing and answers. I also felt guilt in wanting or needing to use my hands at this time of grieving.

The picture above was an exercise where she asked the reader to write down the people that inspire me to continue to create past and present. I found this very helpful.

writing space shasta

I do miss my Shasta Compact for writing alone time...

enjoy, xoxo

Comments