Remembrances

daily photo challenge entry:
2/4/2013 'childhood memory' - my brother died in June of this year, today he would have been 42. He played D & D since he was in grade school with a core group of friends that stayed the core group his whole life. The game also brought in some very special kindred spirits along the way adding to this beautiful mix of friends. Today was the perfect theme for this very thoughtful day.

Today was a crazy busy day taking my middle daughter to her 3 appointments before driving her back to college.  A good friend did the driving while we chatted and remembered my brother Stephan along the way which was very nice.  Did some shopping after the dropping off of the dd and then appetizers at TGI Fridays (Jack Daniel's Sesame Chicken and Potstickers).  I was surprised at Barnes and Noble's metalwork and bead book selection or lack of rather, especially what they did not have in magazines also.  I have been looking for a good metalwork magazine for quite sometime and have yet to find one...
On the way back the roads were terrible but, her little Subaru handled the drive great with only a little swerving right before my Father's house.
We were coming down the street to my house when 5 deer ran in front of the car into the neighbor's yard which is pretty rare when we live on a pretty populated street and section of town.
I am glad we were busy for most of the day to keep my mind moving.  The day started off with me bitching at my brother and still continued off and on that day but, also my dd and I listening to his favorite music on the way to and from her appointments celebrating his life.

Comments