Stir-frying love

I stir-fry often using different types of lean meats, vegetables, herbs and spices not following a recipe just doing.
For this pork steaks from Thompson's Deli were used with organic cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions, celery and garlic evenly cut up for uniform cooking.
I started off marinating the sliced pork in 1/3 c. light soy, 1 T. rice wine vinegar, 1/3 c. canola oil, 1 T. honey, 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger, 2 clove garlic, 1/2 tsp. 5 spice powder & 5 or 6 grinds cracked black pepper.  I don't add salt for the soy is my salt.
The bay leaf was there just for a pop of green.  I have a tree in my kitchen at all times along with basil, rosemary and thyme.
Chinese 5 Spice Powder includes Anise, Star Anise, Cloves and Cinnamon.  It is so aromatic and lovely wafting throughout the entire house.  I am so loving spices at the moment in my cooking also adding cinnamon and ginger to even a pot of chili plus, unsweetened cocoa.


It is best to keep your washed veggies as dry as you can get them.  I only really dried the broccoli in a kitchen towel for as you can imagine it holds a lot of moisture :)
Starting off now with frying at a medium high temp the denser vegetables in canola oil or peanut if you have it until tender crisp adding the broccoli last for maybe a quick 3 or 4 minutes to keep it also tender crisp and bright.
Remove all the vegetables to a bowl or large platter, now start frying the marinated pork a small batch at a time, to keep your wok to temp, until done.  You can place the batches of meat next to the vegetables.  Now combine all of the veggies and pork together.  I don't usually create a sauce but, you can after the meat is finished deglazing your wok with a your liquid of choice, perhaps a light gravy also would work nicely.  I kept it dry only adding a couple tablespoons of..... buttttter, unsalted of course ;) You do this before bringing all of the ingredients back in the pan.
 Toasted sesame seeds, fresh snipped basil, dash of sesame oil and maybe more 5 spice powder and also light soy can be added.  Taste test first for it is seasoned quite well from the marinade.
plated and finished


I would have added mushrooms with the broccoli if I had them plus, cilantro.  

enjoy,
xoxo

Comments