Some pre-plant action on the porch for Spring

The beginning of the week, with all the beautiful weather, I started rearranging the main bones of the porch, the furniture.  As the gathering areas of both front and back of the wraparound started making themselves known, my head was deciding what was missing or rather what I have wanted since I was a little girl...a hammock jumped at me.
I found the perfect one on Amazon @ a really fab price.  This Brazilian style choice is a 2 person, 400 lb limit and is portable (for camping enjoyment, lol) I ordered on Tuesday, it arrived the next day since I use Amazon Prime with free shipping.  Our wonderful hammock found it's place next to the gardens with a potted Bay tree, hummingbird feeder, handhewn rough bench my Father made and wicker loveseat.
I have been searching outside curtain options on line and found a great idea using painter's drop cloths here on Pinterest.  We will put up pipe on just this section creating a private area.  My youngest daughter and her friend have been reading or just visiting on it since it came on Wednesday with me giving it a go yesterday for a book break, bird watching, daydreaming etc.  I highly recommend it and feel it is such a good deal for such a fabulous hammock.  Here is the link on Amazon.
Shot from the steps towards the front where you see the Adirondack chairs that are soon getting repainted for it has been awhile :)
Front section showing corner swing.  This swing was my great-great aunt Wilda Lowry's of Clarion Road.  She always had this on her front porch until the porch was hit by a truck mid 80s I think, where it then lived in my Grandmother's basement until I rescued it.  There are a few seat slats needing to be replace but, overall it is a fabulous addition.
Front side totally changed, for last year all of the wicker was located here creating a large seating area where this year pieces of that set are spread out throughout the space.  I wanted a receiving area of sorts by the front door.  To accomplish this a primitive bench will serve as shelving adding height along with this drop leaf table holding mason bail jar candles.  The garden cart will be loaded with aromatics & herbs catching afternoon sun all summer you see it here with it's rust peaking through the white paint in the front corner.  Herbs and such make me smile :)  What herbs can't you live without?
The cart will be brimming with scented geraniums, lemon verbena, patchouli, rosemary, lady lavender, cuban oregano and potted marjoram just to name a few.
Rosemary for 'remembrance' .... hopefully helping me to keep track of my KEYS ;)
Little Elly can enjoy lunch here or legos when she visits her Gramma Stephanie...this makes me smile too :)  HOOT, HOOT!!!
The plants, pillows, rugs and other 'stuff' makes any outdoor space.  This year I am thinking nasturtiums and strawberries for the 11 hanging baskets and also the row of McCoy pots that contain a little collection of succulents on a bench probably the other end for the big garden cart and wicker chair replaced the bench this year.
I still am contemplating a few other additions like perhaps a mirror here above the drop leaf table.
 

Comments