on the bench- new jewelry displays

So many artisan pendants, rings, earrings and bracelets with no way to display them as one thought, all together in shops or galleries,  with out looking like a hot mess was an issue for me.   This also kept me from refilling inventory for I was not crazy about how my work was put on display at these locations (not their fault) and needed to come up with a solution for them and me. 
awaiting assembly, upcycled oak door jambs with rust staining and general wear tear is pretty cool
Simple is best, letting the focus be on the work instead of the display, was the thought and I knew lots of wood, following an industrial punch is where I wanted to be.  Many images on line were scrolled through to get the wheels turning.  Then it all came to fruition, knowing I liked the look of hardware fasteners and distressed wood... combining these two elements with industrial style design and nature.  Here is what came about :) 
bolts making easel style assembly

 Linseed oil was also applied, after assembly, to seal in the age and bring out the grain.  Lots of L-hooks, eye hooks and other points of interest, like this wall bracket which at one time was used for finial rods adding dimension to the display, focusing on a bracelet as seen below.

a way to hang PA Wilds branded pendants, earrings, rings, bracelets and charms, complete with business cards makes for a centralized artisan display.  This set is going to ECCOTA in Ridgway, Pa.

this set is with Allegheny Outfitters in Warren, Pa. 

each set includes a 12", 2-10" necklace easels along with a pendant, bracelet and earring board
When I set up at shows these easels are going to save me a lot of lugging along those bulky, heavy and cumbersome displays.  What did I say, simple is best! 
When photographing the pieces for the ETSY shoppe, I am excited to of course incorporate especially the necklace easels in the shot.   What is your vision to bring together your jewelry in one thought?

enjoy!



Comments