Selfie Saturday


a selfie from September 26, 2012

For this Selfie Saturday I went 11 years back to 2012.  I was in my first studio experimenting with a new camera, Canon PowerShot SX120 IS, not a great camera but, one that was purchased because a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 bit the dust before our first grandchild was born.  The next camera was a Sony DSC-RX100M3 that I still use off and on but, to be honest only use a Google Pixel 5 for most all of my product shots and family photos.  It is pretty terrific and I can't wait to get the Pixel 7. Also at this time I was having a hoot playing around with branding, social media and self portraits. 

My thought here was to lay back on Dad's handmade workbench circa 1983, that made its way to the garden studio :), and have jewelry tools surround me. This photo was used a lot during those years on social media, business cards and applying for juried shows.  For me, self-portraits have proved to be an act of self-love, appreciation and gratitude.  Each session has empowered me to connect with myself, how I view my work and the world around me.  

enjoy, take care-

Stephanie




 



Comments