Fiber Arts Friday

 February is National Embroidery Month.  This month recognizes the talented stitchers who turn needle and thread into an art form. Through the years I have gone back to embroidery time and again because I enjoy it so much.  Watching those stitches, textiles and beads come together is a magical thing. 

photo taken in a gallery that I owned back mid-2000s

Making doll forms and sewing accessories along with other fiber items were a big part of the inventory at The Flemish House Art Gallery.

dry felted eye pincushions

a more stylized mermaid I made early 2000, I love the backs

handmade faces and more mother of pearl and abalone decorative additions to the front, sold at an art show in Pittsburgh  

a bead woven crazy quilt patched stone in an Egyptian theme, sold to a Pittsburgh buyer

eyes seem to be a theme for this post, sketched early 2000

Sketching eyes and faces has always been a thing for me since I could pick up a pencil/pen/crayon :)

Valentine eyes made when I owned the gallery from felt, copper and decorative, eye to create eye <3 U

a more recent sketch using many pencils and pens

I have been trying to set up a sewing space in a spare bedroom that was my oldest daughter Larissa's room and the room that is her daughter Alice's when the grands visit.  If this happens more of the cyclops artdolls will be sewn up along with other happy, fun creations.  




enjoy, take care-

Stephanie







Comments